Operation Christmas Child (OCC) has sent out 100 million boxes over 20 years. It is an amazing evangelism. Of those who receive a box, 1 in 10 recipients accept Jesus as their saviour and most often, their entire family becomes christian as well.
Most of the recipients have never received a gift in their lives and probably never will again. Sometimes, the school supplies included in the box, make it possible for the child to attend school. Recipients are offered a 10 week follow up course called the longest journey, which was prepared by the billy graham evangelistic association.
There are 10 sending countries, and 120 receiving countries. Our church alone has sent 8,000 + boxes over 20 years. This year, we expect to send over 600 boxes to children around the world. In addition, Scarborough churches will probably send 13,000 boxes.
How can you help?
- Pick up an empty box and pamphlet at the Church
- Bring your completed box to abc no later than november 17th
How to fill a box:
- Choose either a boy or a girl
- Choose an age group ( 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14) try to choose an older age child.
- Try to include items from all the following types: toys, candy, hygiene items, school supplies.
Please do not include:
- chewy, soft or powdery, or crumbly candy
- scary items
- used items
- playing cards
- liquids or gels or creams
- combat (army) designs
- partially full boxes, instead, put donations in a clear plastic bag and send separately.
If you want to send hard, individually wrapped candies, bar of soap, crayons, then please put in plastic baggies inside the box;
When the box is full:
- put the envelope containing the $7 shipping fee on the top of the box
- include greeting in french and spanish signed by you (see the poster in church)
- glue the appropriate label on the top
- be sure to seal the box only with an elastic band.
For more information, please contact Marilyn Kimberley or go to Operation Christmas Child