Description: Agincourt Baptist Church is looking for committed, responsible and enthusiastic volunteers for our busy VBS Camps this summer. Volunteers are expected to maintain open lines of communication and work in a cooperative manner with Camp Counsellors, Camp Directors, and fellow volunteers. Volunteers are also expected to participate in some training sessions and team-building events along with Agincourt’s Camp Counselors.
Training sessions that volunteers are able to participate in include: leadership skills, effective communication and teaching, working with children that have special needs, spiritual growth and development, and basic child psychology.
Responsibilities: Volunteers are responsible for assisting in the caring of children in small groups during Day Camp and for completing various practical responsibilities. Volunteers are expected to: 1) supervise children, 2) give extra support to children with special needs, 3) learn children’s’ names, 4) encourage participation through active role modeling, 5) assist with the setting up, taking down, and decoration of the camp; and, 6) to attend several training days and team-building events.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Volunteers must be thirteen years of age or older
- Required to submit a Criminal Background Check
- Able to participate in role playing with children and staff for camp activities
- High energy individual that takes initiative in the workplace
- Have an eagerness to learn and grow together with the Day Camp team
- Passion for working with children and speaking into their lives
- Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
- Able to be physically active for several hours per day and to handle any minor physical demands
Resumes and Cover Letters can be addressed to Joshua Mata by email via firstname.lastname@example.org