Description: Six weeks of employment at Agincourt Baptist’s Day Camp. This includes four weeks of training and preparation for the camp, and running two (2) one-week themed camps between August 8th – 19th. This position provides up to 35hrs of work per week, at $11.25/hr, and requires you to work with children between the ages of 5 and 12. Wages are provided through Government Summer Student Grants. Eight positions are available.
Responsibilities: Day Camp Counselors are responsible for caring for children in a small group during Day Camp. Each leader will be responsible for up to 5-6 children, and are expected to: 1) supervise the children of their group, 2) give extra support to children with special needs, 3) learn each child’s name, 4) to encourage participation through active role modeling, 5) assist with promotion, set up, and decoration of the camp; and, 6) to attend several training days and team-building events.
Desired Level of Education:
Must be in in High School or have earned their Secondary Education Diploma
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a saving faith in Christ and be able to demonstrate and express their faith
- Willingness to participate in extensive role-playing while teaching and encouraging children
- Skilled at relationship building with younger children and connecting with parents
- Demonstrate patience and professionalism while under pressure or during crises
- Able to be physically active for several hours per day and handle any minor physical demands
- Required to submit a Criminal Background Check
- Basic working knowledge of scripture and the gospel message
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and positivity while taking risks
- The ability to engage in discussions of honest self-reflection
- Artistic skills, creativity, resourcefulness, and any unique production-skills
No prior work experience is required for this position. Training will be provided on the topics of: leadership skills, effective communication, health & safety, working with children that have special needs, responding to crises, spiritual development, effective teaching, and basic child psychology.
Resumes and Cover Letters can be addressed to Joshua Mata by email via firstname.lastname@example.org